Monday, December 8, 2008

Winter is arriving

Well, I fell backwards and haven't posted for a while. Thanksgiving weekend, the wifi in the hotel wasn't working very well and then life was too busy, or so it seemed. This is really something I want to try to keep up.

Work has been tough. Lots of special issues and I always feel bad for those that are struggling. However, when I leave and go home at night, I know I have truly been needed. That is a very good feeling in itself.

Thanksgiving in Iowa City was a fun time. All the boys were there. Dennis' dad looked really good and that was a surprise after he had been so sick this summer. Very pleased to see him look like he did. He seems pretty cozy in his motor home and seems pleased with it. It was great to see all the brothers and Stephanie looked so cute pregnant. There will be a new great neice come January. I am so happy for her.

Dennis' National Guard Christmas Party went very well, considering I wasn't real excited about it. It was much better than last year. We brought side dishes, food was better and the company was better. We set with his Sgt Major and his wife and they ride motorcycles, so we had great conversation. It was a short party, and so he got to leave early and that was nice also.

Looks like we are headed for real winter tonight. I am cringing cause my blazer is not running properly, so I will be taking the taurus and I just don't like it on crappy roads. LOL...not as much control with it for some reason. Oh well, I will make it and life will be ok. Dennis went to Chris' tonight and they worked for several hours, but now his heater is working. Thank goodness. Life is getting better! They are saying possibly more ice than snow and that doesn't make me feel good at all. I worry a lot about Mike cause he walks to and from the studio to home and he works so late at the studio. I hope he wears lots of warm things. College life is that way I guess.

I think I am going to start listing one thing every day that I am greatful for...

Tonight I am greatful to have the two wonderful boys I have been blessed with. I could never ask for more. I am so greatful to have them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great welcome back post!!!

Donna said...

Ahh, thanks Kim! You are one of my idols. You do such a neat blog.