Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Ups and Downs of Christmas

Why is it that we feel Christmas must be so commercial? What is the real reason for the season? Tonight, I have just spent several hours working on something for a family our motorcycle group is sponsoring. How wonderful it was to have my "stash". I think what I did tonight with my dear friend Louise, was probably the best gift we could give. We were able to obtain some pictures that were taken of the family and they have not seen them yet. I used my wonderful photo printer and we printed several and then we put them into frames that we got for the family. One of their requests were for picture frames. The pictures were not the correct sizes to be for 5 x 7 or 8 x 10, etc. So, when they printed we figured we would be matting them. Well, instead of matting, we used ribbon, stickers, and other embellishements and we embellished the pictures in most cases, in one case we embellished the frame. We did 8 of these. They turned out, well, in our opinion, beautiful. I know if someone had done these for me, I would definately cry for joy. They were so personalized for the family from what they were wearing and what we know of them. I can't wait until delivery day and see their faces. To me...this was a huge part of Christmas, doing something for others. Something from the heart.

I know I am looking so forward to the weekend. Tomorrow is only Thursday and I really wish it were Friday. I need to sleep in! LOL I know we have two different Christmas party/dinners on Saturday night for two different motorcycle groups. These are always fun, just food and companionship, sharing stories of things we did through the year. I think we are going to end up at the BMW dinner at Chuck's Restaurant. That place in itself brings back memories! I know we will enjoy either one, but I am pretty certain thats where we will go.

Today I am thankful for Dennis, and the things he does for me and how he has shown me so much more. How he is so wonderful about all things in my family. How he gets along so well with the boys father, Jim. He respects him as their father and him being a part of our life. It is so wonderful that I was so able to find someone that has never asked me to change and is so supportive of what I do and has always tried to help me in so many ways. He gives himself to protect our country, so far being state side always. He takes his job very seriously and I know that with people like him we can have our freedom that we so enjoy. I hope that everyone can have someone that special in their lives.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a wonderful gift donna!!! they'll just love them!!