Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Its Winter

Well, you can definately tell it is winter in Iowa. Ice and snow. Dennis had to plow last night, poor guy was up and off to work by 11 pm and then to regular job by 4 AM and hopefully will be home by 3-4 today. The guy needs sleep. We didn't go to the Honda Riders Dinner last night because he found out how early he would have to get up and so decided he needed sleep. Said he almost fell asleep driving to Panora. YIKES! Hate to think about that.

My week is most awesome, as of now, I have lost 55 pounds. I am so happy. I wanted 5 more by Christmas, but that probably is not going to happen, however, it will happen in time. Just the fact the weight is still coming off is the best.

I am not looking forward to the 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice that we are to expect tomorrow. That is just uncalled for, guess we need a long talk with the weather man. Snow, I suppose, cold I supposed, no ice...

I am thinking I am actually going to get to bake something this year for Christmas. I hope so, I miss doing that.

I am so thankful, however, for having all the seasons we get to enjoy in Iowa. I wish they were not so severe sometimes, but the change in seasons is usually pretty and I have a part of me that does enjoy them. I don't think I would want to be somewhere that doesn't have a change at all. I miss riding the motorcycle in the winter, however, if we just didn't have all this ice and some of the snow we still could ride! LOL

Well, tonight will make the Christmas Cards and hopefully finish cleaning up our office/scrapbooking room.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we r the same w/the boat but we sure appreciate it more in the spring after missing it all winter!!

ABW said...

Congrats on the 55 pounds! I just hired a personal trainer and have started hitting the gym again, so hopefully I can start the weight loss/getting in shape process.