Sunday, December 21, 2008

One of the Greatest Christmas Joys

I must say that today I got to experience one of the greatest Christmas Joys. The gift of giving to those who would not have Christmas otherwise. Our favorite motorcycle group sponsored a family for Christmas. Dennis and I, and the Green's went with the worker to deliver Christmas. We sponsored a family of 7 and we had three huge tubs of gifts to haul up 2 flights of stairs and they decided to open them in front of us. They also allowed us to take pictures. One of our members gave a beautiful Porcelain doll for the 4 year old little girl. If you could have seen her eyes, when she opened that doll, ohh my! So many times a 4 year old doesn't appreciate something of this nature, but she handled it like it would break. Her eyes were so big, it was unexplainable. She hugged this baby, and carefully placed her in a special place on the couch. She opened her other things and loved each one, she kept telling us thank you and she took her colors and colorbooks and sat down and colored, staying inside the lines. Oh my, she did a beautiful job! Every member loved things, the babies loved the things we got them, by their smiles and trying to play with them and going towards the toys. The adults kept saying Thank You with so much meaning, it was like...just saying Thank you, it was from their heart. To see these people and how much they appreciated everything we took to them, was truly a great gift of Christmas to me. It will definately be something I am sure we will continue to do. Isn't that part of the meaning of the season?

I am so thankful I can give things to my family and we are not in their position. We cut back this year, and we feel very good about those gifts we are giving, even with the cutting back. We are really looking forward to the "time" together and the sharing between us this year. I feel so fortunate.

No comments: