Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quite the day. Had a good day at work. Since I am wearing my hair curly, several are saying things, but the funniest thing, I was walking down the hall during passing time, going back to my office and some kids behind me started messing with my hair and saying something about the curls. It was so funny. I couldn't believe it. Kids...they are good people.

I didn't get much accomplished at home, well, nothing accomplished at home. We did go to the Honda Riders Cycle Club meeting tonight and had several good laughs. I guess I am going to be the one setting up their winter meeting locations. We elected Frank Adams as our President for this year. He was going to be the President last year, but then he was deployed. He is now back and retired from the National Guard. We are happy to have him back.

Tomorrow night we are going to go help Ernie and Louise again and hopefully they can put his Mom's house behind him. It should be ready to put up for sale after tomorrow night. He is rather sad, which I understand. They need the rest and peace of having it sold.

Mike called tonight, oh it is always good to hear from him! He finished an application process for the Rome trip and started the process for financial aid. Praying hard that he can get some aid. He also found out that he can do his masters in Finland or somewhere and he is really wanting to do that. If he goes there it will only take one year, where here it will take 3 years and he will get more of what he needs over seas. Oh man...our babies grow up too fast. Looking forward to seeing him soon!

Can you believe this? I have blogged every single day since SAturday maybe? Kinda boring blogs, but oh well. I did it!

Oh, I did accomplish one thing. I have started the process of ordering state maps from every state in the US. I want 6 of each and want them quick! If you read this and are from somewhere besides Iowa, please let me know if you can get some of your state maps. I don't want the Rand McNally ones, I want the ones published by the States Department of Transportation. I found out that South Dakota not only has a regular state map, but they have a separate "Motorcycle Map!" They told me it has special roads that motorcyclists seem to love...oh yea! TWISTIES!

No comments: