Friday, November 14, 2008

I'm Back

It seems like forever since I have posted. It was 7-8 months ago. Lots of changes have happeneds since then, everything is for the better. I decided I need to work on my blog, I have just started a facebook page, but I really want to keep my blog. I just need to discipline myself to doing this. The last few months have brought many positive things in my life. Life is so much better for me health wise since I last posted. I am able to walk much better, my pain is under a better control, not perfect, but much better. I have lost 50 pounds and need to keep losing. My kids are doing wonderful, Dennis and I have had lots of great things happen. We have had a few Eye openers also. Dennis' parents were both evacuated in June due to the floods of 2008. His Mom had no damage, but his father lost everything he ever owned. It is so sad. During that time his dad started having severe breathing problems and ended up in intensive care at the veteran's hospital in Iowa City. We flooded at home, we were at a motorcycle rally in Nebraska City, NE and were called home with a basement full of water, storm sewer back up. Water was in the drum of my dryer...YIKES...Dennis and Ernie worked for two days and were going to load all the junk on a trailer on Sunday. Sunday came and we had more rain, and yes, we flooded AGAIN! Dennis was at wits end. Thank goodness for good friends that help keep our heads on straight. We could never thank the Green family for all the work they did to help us, and to Mike who was here helping with everything. We still don't have the basement back in order, but it will some day. Dennis' dad is now living in a motor home on his property. He seems ok with that, but had to start over, and all his memories are just gone. So sad.

Well, enough on this post, so much more to share and pictures to load. Be watching, you will see what our year has consisted of, fun, sad and great.

No comments: