Sunday, November 23, 2008

Getting OLDER

Well, today was my 52nd birthday. Man that number seems so old. They say you are only as old as you feel, and this year I can truly say I do not feel my age. That would be the first in many years. Yesterday a friend invited us to his lodge and bought our breakfast. They just happen to have a craft show "yippee". I actually bought a couple Christmas Presents there! While there the Green's walked in and how nice that was. They are special people! Anyway, they were headed to Garvis to look at a bike, where I found one that I liked, for a beginner bike anyway. It is priced really reasonable, and definately not out of the question as yet. Later they came and picked us up and we went headed to Perry to Jeff and Sally's, but Louise and I decided we really wanted to hit Pamida before going to Jeff and Sally's. Good thing! I found a bed in a bag for Mike, and he said it was "just what he wanted" and I picked up a couple other things I needed. Then to Jeff and Sally's, and they tagged along to pick up the Busch's (yes, all motorcycle family members). Busch's live in Beaver which is right near Ogden. WOW, the snow in that area...good 3 inches, but it was very icey and slick. Got the Busch's and on to Jefferson for dinner. (hmm how many miles for dinner was this?) Oh well, lots of fun. Then back to Busch's as Judy did her handiwork making cherry crisp, brownies and homemade ice cream. YUM. The guys went to the shed to check out some motorcycle stuff and the gals ended in the living room just talking girl talk. Finally about 11 pm we were leaving there, Oh my the FOG! Couldn't see but about 3 feet in front...we made it to Ames and dropped off Mike's bedding. After leaving Ames the fog seemed to get a little better and closer to Des Moines, the roads were clear and no more fog. Finally to bed about 1 AM and I am usually there by 10 pm. This morning up and went to Prole for Breakfast then back home and out came the motorcycle. We rode the motorcycle and followed Green's to look at my boss' bike. Well, Louise is now the owner of that one! Its beautiful! GO LOUISE! Then grocery shopping, did a little more christmas stuff and back home. Then over to Green's so Dennis could help Ernie and Louise fixed dinner. Oh, that was really nice! So, a great day! Mike texted me several times telling me happy birthday. Wonder if he realizes how good it made me feel. Dennis' nephew posted on my facebook page to tell me happy birthday, which was so nice. WOW! I couldn't feel any better. I guess its now back to work for three days. Looking forward to the whole time of Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving here with my boys and then to Iowa City and thanksgiving with the Irvin's. All the boys will be there and that is special. Its going to be a great week.

Can you believe I have been posting pretty regular for a week on here??!! Kim should be in shock!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I AM!!! TOTALLY SHOCKED & SO PROUD :) lol

Jenn said...

I'm such a bad friend - said I'd call on your birthday but didn't! Glad it was a good one!