Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12 of 30 Days of Thanks

I am actually going to try to catch up a few days here and hopefully do better the rest of November. This really is an important time. One of the students told me the other day that their Father will not allow discussion of Christmas until after Thanksgiving. He feels that it is wrong to have Christmas out there and everyone asking for gifts, when we have not dealt with being Thankful at Thanksgiving time. I like his thinking!

 Day 2: I am thankful to have a job, that I love. I get up and go to work and enjoy it every moment.

 Day 3: I am thankful for being able to walk. Yes, Walk. Being thankful for the basic things in our lives that we too often take for granted. Walking, seeing, feeling, hearing, touching, etc. With issues that I have, I was told in November 2004 that I would probably not be walking in 6 months...Well, many years later, I AM Walking! Sometimes not great, but I AM WALKING. Its wonderful!

 Day 4: I am thankful for my two wonderful sons. What would I do without you. Because of you, I have cried, laughed, worried, been mad, and many emotions that I would not have without you. You have made me proud. I have enjoyed watching you grow every single day of your lives. Rich and Mike, you really are THE best! I Love you both! I am thankful for your father, he gave me both of you!

 Day 5: I am thankful that Rich chose Tina to be his wife, to be my daughter in law. She cares so much for our family as we care for her. She is always showing her love to us in everything she does. Tina, you are wonderful and I love you!

Day 6: I am thankful for the right and ability to vote for those men and women who run the United States of America. I respect my ability to vote by voting. It took a long time for Women to be able to vote, and for that I am also thankful.

No comments: