Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday and more heat and humidty

Last night produced some nasty storms in our area, thankfully Des Moines was lucky. Indianola ws not as lucky. Was watching KCCI when their web cam actually caught debris being tossed around as the tornado hit ground. Dennis got caught in the storm in Des Moines on the motorcycle coming home from DMACC and had to pull off and wait for it to calm down. He was really soaked by the time he got home!

We are getting down to the wire on scheduling, and registration is on Wednesday, so we are scrambling to get things done. I am learning new work with this as they cut one position, and her job was to do some of what I am learning to do now. I enjoy learning the new work that is now going to be a part of my position.

Today has been gloomy most of the day, the weather is just weird. I hope it cools down tomorrow as they say it should. Rich and Tina will be home tomorrow from their honeymoon and I can't wait to see them! We are also having a birthday open house for a dear friend, Pam. She is fighting cancer and the family decided they wanted to do this. It should be fun, with lots of people there. Dennis and I need to go to the store so I can get things to make what I am taking.

I am also hoping to get that scrap table cleaned off! I need to do some scrapping!

No comments: